15 February 2010

I Slept with Osaka

The “m” in the center of the back of your sweater
formed the perfect curve     I want to form my body around     yours

(You’re my)   Xylem without the Xy   (okay   so you’re not mine)

You and me is how I read the “U” and “M”
(talk about selective seeing)

“Co” and “Co”     as in my imagined habitating
oh my god     how come I can only think of Oh My Goddess

     Here I am   with my friends   laying next
     to the girl I like   (sober me screaming
     telling drunk me to act)   and all my whiskey powered
     self manages to carry out is playing a joke and placing
     my dick on her shoulder and head
             God   I’m stupid          but you have no idea how much

I’ll beat myself up     over not speaking up
   while I had the courage

I’ll drain the liquids from my veins come morning
so I can go back to just yearning     not acting
never living into my potential

I wear size 6 or 12 shoes     (length or width)     (they’re different)

My feet don’t overshadow yours as much as my hands
(though I’m far behind them in terms of talent)

I saw your hair from the back     at night   it looked black
I froze   then shuddered     A flash of nightmares
came back     I thought you were Melanie     and not
   my not mine   Ellie