15 February 2010

Eating Airwaves

Apply my chapstick   (Blistex)   smack     throw that shit in a chapbook
feel the high fahrenheit     to write   one of my own
but it won't belong in the same     (what's bigger than a ballpark?)

I feel     but can't quite capture it
   two separate lives placed on two separate shelves

You talked of God and Cain     cause and effect events
linked by chains     affecting our carbon bodies

I flip through copies of your inked paper
reading incessantly     praying to sink
   so that they may seep into me

I want to feed off you     your talent
eat the airwaves we create with rants

I can't hold water in my hands
   or a belief in god

I've read too many pages
of books     (I didn't find the good one that great)

My hungry eyes made it audible
and my mind decides it doesn't sound right
coming from my lips     I can't apply   it to my life

like chapstick to my lips     to kiss your chapbook
in my leaky hands   goodnight