11 March 2010

XGFALARMS

Christina

Sirens haunt me   in every colour
though I don’t  know  which  hue  or  key    major or minor

you’re better  with the music     we sorted on your living
room  floor     circa  four

our  organs   matched clocks
at the time   they both stopped   (is 8:17 significant?)

Lips  for the first  time   though I slept with you before
hand  in your pants   for a two hour nap

a morning shoot   means a morning commute
 lonely        exhausted        I tried

but as I looked  in  your sixteen year old  eyes
 I lied


Juliana

My tongue raw     you
whispered     no one’s   done  that before

I’ve  never  been     that person
  and you were serious

(why this rush?)   I know I   spoke too sleepy
I can’t  see you and  smile

like a good boyfriend     I shut
 up and pretend

Truth is   it was dark   and   you half
looked  and  sounded  like   Melanie

so I  spent  years of  pent
 up impossibilities


Melanie

   (ellipses)
permafrost   presence

 regardless  of it’s working status
my heart shivers     winters

     timber!  as we came        crashing
  (the  neighbors  always  knew)

 said I  should  be louder
but my voice  was an alien   in that space

   though there was no
   hot  tub  threesome   or   stripping

We both became what we
were afraid of