09 March 2010

Summer Some More

I compiled a Summer Sampler for a Chicago Winter
plucked out the strong songs     all five of them
   (I'm just glad one wasn't about Melanie)

  We used to put the CDs on repeat
  to hear our 90s childhood over again     as we
  did things     kids didn't

 Sin on my skin     I welcome it   sit back
 drink it   and you  in     like naked sunshine
 moonbeams   raindrops     any setting's fine with me for us

   Glitches like clockwork every six/eight months
   the relationship equivalent of the blue screen of death
   I was trying so hard to find a solution     permanent

  I lost
           you     hope     everything (I thought at the time)
Colour faded from my screen of death eyes

Listened to the CD till every note     memorised
 haunted me     waking     asleep
  burned disc  burned in my mind

  I just wanted   some     some more
  Sodom     Sodom   Gamorrah